Summer Entrepreneurship Camp
Design. Invent. Pitch.
How do you create a cool product in the digital age? How do you find out what users want, do great marketing and sell it for the right price? Students learn in a fun and pragmatic way how entrepreneurs innovate, converting their ideas into consumer products, apps or services users love.
By redesigning a product, teams of students will build their own solutions, together with a simple sales, marketing and financial plan. Teams compete at the end of the week to earn a special prize. Each student chooses a role in his/her team: CEO, CFO, CMO, etc.
Students will get inspiration from companies like the GoPro camera, Linden Lab Virtual Reality project, Tesla’s electric cars and others. They will discover consumer needs, design, develop prototypes and research competitors.
- Students also learn about collaboration, conflict resolution, decision making, business ethics & presentation skills.
- 2.5 days (Friday 18h to Sunday 16h00) or 5 days’ program (9h00 to 17h00) for 15 to 19 Years old (no accommodation provided). Families are invited to see the presentations the last day, from 14h30 to 16h00.
- In the 2.5 days program, students work on a given problem. In the 5 days program, students may work on their own identified problems.
- Ginger reserves the right to decide who delivers the program: either ginger staff or BizSmart Global from USA.
- The camp language is English. What you learned at a Swiss public school is sufficient to attend. There are bilingual coaches onsite for camps larger than 20 students.
- Min 20 students and max 60 students.
- Trainers and assistants are carefully selected to ensure they have the rights skills, attitude and experience. They have all provided a “background check” certifying they have no criminal record.
- Transportation and insurance are the responsibility of the student.
- Food is the responsibility of the student unless specified otherwise. Food can be purchased close to the training locations.
- We encourage students to come with their friends!
- We offer discounts for highly motivated students with limited financial resources. Before enrolling, send up to a one page motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Cancellation policy: More than 30 days before the program: 100% refunded. 30 days or less before program: no refund.